Monday, August 16, 2010

Finding Good Fortune

It's hard to feel fortunate sometimes. When life hits us with problems, or we are brought down by the state of affairs around us, feelings of hopelessness and "woe is me" can begin to creep in. The only way to stay positive is to focus on the good stuff and the things in life that we're fortunate to have.



Even if money and possessions are lacking (and those aren't the most important things anyway), when you take stock of things, fortune can be found in the form of friends and family, and any positive circumstances in your life, like a good job, an opportunity that comes along when you least expect it, or the helping hand that is there just when you need it.



Sometimes we worry too much about the things we don't have, and we feel less fortunate. Every once in a while I feel that way because I have MS and it slows me down. But I consider myself lucky to still be otherwise healthy and strong, despite not being able to walk as fast as I'd like. I've also been fortunate to have caring people around me who have helped me to deal with the troubles this condition has presented me with.




I am fortunate to have great friends, especially my very best friend, who is always there for me. And when I think of all the good things that have come my way in the past, it makes me feel more positive about the future.



It's true what they say - life is a gift. And no matter how down on your luck you may feel, there is always good fortune to be found in your life if you look for it.

No comments: