Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spring: A Time of Renewal



Spring is still weeks away, but we've gotten a nice little preview of it the last couple of days. The snow has almost completely melted (yay!), there has been brilliant sunshine, and there is a freshness in the air.


Even though I know winter isn't over yet, it's so great to have this respite from it. The weather has made me feel so energized. Springtime always renews my spirits and puts me in a positive frame of mind. Just knowing how close we're getting to it has me feeling a sense of excitement.

Springtime is going to be so welcome this year, I think. Being bogged down with two feet of snow in January wore me out.

Spring is the best time for getting positive energy going. No one ever says they have the "springtime blues", right? When winter releases it's frozen grip on the earth and life begins to emerge from it anew, we can't help but feel rejuvenated.

This little preview of spring has inspired me to make a list of things to look forward to about the season to get some positive feelings blooming. (pun intended)

  • The feeling of the sunshine on my face.
  • The leaves on the trees again, finally!
  • How beautifully green everything is!
  • The scent of fresh-cut grass.
  • Seeing the daffodils poking up through the ground.
  • Opening all the windows in the house and letting the fresh air in.
  • Driving with the car window rolled down.
  • The sound of the kids playing outside.
  • Spring cleaning - getting rid of clutter and putting up freshly laundered curtains.
  • Cleaning up the yard & putting away the snow shovel.
  • Hanging my winter coat away in the closet and packing away the boots.
  • Seeing the robins poking at the ground for worms.
  • Walking around in the yard, picking fragrant lilacs and lily of the valley.
  • Getting back to the park and enjoying the sight and sound of the creek flowing.

I just can't wait for spring. I like the changing of the seasons, but spring is definitely my favorite. It's amazing how it can renew your energy and make you feel such a sense of hope and contentment. What a beautiful, simple gift from nature!




No comments: