Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Seeing the Beauty Around Us




The world can be a very ugly place. War, crime, corruption, disease, the news often bombarding us with reports of horrible events that anger and disgust us.


Fortunately, there is a lot of beauty in the world as well. We can see so much of it in our daily lives when we just look around. It stands out, taking the focus away from the ugliness.



The people around us can add so much beauty to our lives with their kindness and loving support. The love we share with our family and friends is a beautiful thing.


There are a lot of good people in the world, and having good people around us makes our little corner of the world a more beautiful place.



I feel blessed to have people in my life that provide such good care to me in treating my illness. The nurses at the clinic I go to are more like friends. I have wonderful neighbors who help me. Just the other day we got about a foot of snow, and I looked out the window to see one neighbor plowing my driveway, while another was clearing off the front porch. I am very touched by their generosity.


One of the most wonderful things you can see is that rare story in the news that details someone's selfless act or the good work of a person or group whose goal is to help the people who need it the most. When we do something to help others, we are doing something beautiful.


Children, with their innocence and unspoiled view of life, are among the most beautiful people in the world. They give us hope for the future.



Animals are beautiful people, too. They add so much joy to our lives and ask for so little in return.



Every new life that comes into the world is a beautiful thing.



I have seen a lot of beautiful places, but the place that I call home will always be the most beautiful in my eyes. It is the place where I am most content to be.


Freedom is a beautiful thing. Without it, we would have nothing.


All these beautiful things are in our lives for us to appreciate. They are the positive things in a world where there are too many negatives. Sadly, one negative is that there are people who don't appreciate these beautiful things, and that is truly a shame.



You can go to all the beautiful places on earth, see the most beautiful sunset or spend hours in a museum looking at stunning works of art, but we can see beauty most closely when we look at ourselves. Each one of us is a unique and beautiful creation.

No comments: