Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Sister, My Friend

Having a sister is like having an extra friend. My sister has always been able to cheer me up whenever I am down. We end up laughing in most of our conversations. We'll be reminiscing about the past, and laughing about something funny that happened (or something that was not that funny then, but is now), or sometimes we just laugh about the everyday things.




Like the other night. My sister called me all stressed out over her latest problems involving my two nephews, aged seven and seventeen. Between the youngster's mischievousness and the teenager's moodiness, she had a lot to tell me about. Her story became amusing, like something out of an Erma Bombeck book. Suddenly she was telling me of finding silverware under her bed while cleaning, and a peanut butter sandwich in the dvd player. She complained that my older nephew can't do anything for himself, and I suggested it is high time he learned things like how to do his own laundry. She said he'd probably use a whole bottle of laundry detergent for one load, and then we were both cracking up, imagining his younger brother getting involved and the possibility of silverware ending up in the washing machine, or a sandwich in the dryer. "You should write a blog," I told her.





My sister is the one person in my life I can really talk to. She understands what I'm going through, and I can tell her anything. She knows me better that anyone else, and I of course know her better than she knows herself! We are always there for each other, to advise, comfort, help, or just to listen. She has always been a very important part of my life, and always will be.





A sister will stand by you through good times and bad. She shares your memories, your hopes and dreams. I consider myself very lucky to have a sister. She truly is a great friend.














No comments: